Starfish has successfully completed the research, design and delivery of a series of workshops to strengthen UNE student organisations. The overall purpose of the series was to enable office-bearers to create more dynamic, resilient, and enjoyable clubs, groups and societies ~ which in turn aimed to further enrich the student experience and amenity at UNE. The workshop series was commissioned by UNESA.
The workshops covered the below areas and were attended by some 52 students from around 45 organisations.
- Governance Essentials
- Efficient, effective & enjoyable: the well-run club
- Financial & money matters
- Growing Engagement
It became clear during the course of preparing the workshops that there is a distinct lack of publicly available and relevant resources for student organisations. Despite considerable desktop research there were no libraries of common manuals, templates, guides or check-lists for student organisations found. This is despite the fact that there are hundreds of universities globally and thousands of student organisations.
As a result, Starfish has now created and collated a range of relevant materials, including:
- Reference materials including manuals, videos and research
- Lists of relevant organisations
- Workshop Presentations, including the recordings of each workshop
- Student organisation health-checks
- References for template policies, procedures, tools and systems
Electronic copies of the workshop presentations and above materials are available on request via Adam Blakester (see Starfish Associates for contact details).