- Global Project Lead
- Vital SLM initiative – Biochar
- Passion to make a difference
Starfish is excited to be working on our largest initiative to date and seeking to appoint a passionate, capable and suitably qualified Project Director to lead this important global project.
The purpose of the project is to demonstrate and promote the adoption of sustainable land management practices involving the use of innovative organic amendments, based on biochar.
Funded by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and the Global Environment Fund (GEF), the project’s duration will be 2.5 – 3 years commencing early 2015.
Reporting to the Executive Director, with accountability to a Technical Steering Committee, the project lead will be working with six existing biochar demonstration projects in the developing world locations of: Peru, Myanmar, Aceh, China (Henan, Hunan, Anhui and Jiangsu), Kenya, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
The role responsibilities include:
- evaluation of the role and potential of biochar in SLM;
- building awareness, knowledge and improved understanding and establishing knowledge management dissemination systems – particularly for small landholders and farming groups; and,
- establishing local and international networks of demonstration sites and farming groups and providing training in the use of bochar.
The position requires strengths in coordinating and delivering a global project in a complex context and establishing strong relationships and working effectively with a broad range of stakeholders including the six in-country partner organisations, the UNEP and GEF, agricultural landholders and farming groups.
For a confidential discussion and to obtain the Candidate Information Book with full application requirements, please contact Ms Bronwyn Pearson on 612 (0)412 400 206 or email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23 February 2015.