Starfish’s sustainability specialists bring extensive professional experience, expertise and passion for rural and regional sustainability. The breadth of Starfish’s initiatives and services reflects this.
Starfish Associates are freelance contractors as well as collaborators in creating Starfish itself ~ its services, systems, methods, intellectual property and initiatives.
Fit-for-purpose teams are formed for each Starfish initiative or engagement. This is to achieve high quality results by ensuring the necessary capabilities are involved. While Starfish Associates are the core pool of professionals engaged in our work, they are often joined by other professionals and partners. Starfish has engaged 228 contracts for professional services since its formation.
The benefits of becoming a Starfish Associate include:
- Leveraging Starfish’s track-record and reputation in rural and regional sustainability
- Utilising Starfish’s Supporting Systems (detailed below)
- Creating, leading and implementing rural and regional sustainability initiatives, and more specifically:
- Providing professional services on a fee-for-service basis to support others
- Developing and leading their own sustainability initiatives and enterprises
- Contributing to rural and regional sustainability more generally
- Having the flexibility to work independently of Starfish, as a freelance contractor
- Holding a preferred supplier status for sub-contracted work generated by Starfish.
To date, Starfish has developed the following systems and supports for Associates:
- Fund Raising
- Tax deductibility for grants and donations through the Starfish Foundation
- Income tax exempt status for grant and government funding
- Access to subscription services with regular updates regarding grants and tenders
- Governance & Strategy
- Strategic oversight by Starfish’s Board of Directors, particularly to ensure the financial and legal integrity of all sustainability initiatives and services
- Independent financial audit by Roberts & Morrow
- Mechanisms to manage multi-party collaborations and contracts
- Access to expertise and peer support from other Associates and their networks
- Access to Starfish’s Auspice Service (refer separate policy) to manage contracts and hold intellectual property, licences and other assets in trust
- Banking, finance, accounting, reporting and administration
- Insurance coverage for initiatives led through Starfish Initiatives
- Profile & Branding
- Co-branding, and the associated recognition and reputation arising from Starfish’s track-record with grants, tenders, contracts and delivery of projects and services
- Communication systems including email (with cloud back-up), websites, social media and subscriber databases
- Collateral, such as business cards, web presence and car decals
- Library of templates, open-source software, policies, etc. for project coordination
Contact us if you are interested to find out more about becoming a Starfish Associate.